Sunday 8 June 2014

Dulce de leche cake

Another post, another lemon cake. This is one I haven't made in years, but one that was well worth remembering because it's tasty. I had a jar of dulce de leche in the cupboard that I needed to use before it's best before date, so I googled to find this half remembered recipe. 

It's a slightly unusual cake. You hear butter, water, lemon juice and golden syrup together and then add lemon zest. You let this cool and then add it to flour and sugar with an egg and mix together and pour into the tin. Finally you heat some dulce de leche until it loosens and then pour it over the cake in thin stripes. 

The resulting cake is lovely and light and nice with Greek yoghurt, although I've never tried it with the apricots and dulce de leche laced yoghurt. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/recipes/3304378/The-recipes.html



No comments:

Post a Comment