Sunday 7 July 2013

Fantastic Mr Fox's birthday cake

It was Fantastic Mr Fox's birthday a couple of weeks ago, so of course I had to make him a cake. I spent a lot of time considering different cakes and had tentatively decided on a Battenberg Cake   when I remembered last year's Cake of the Summer. It was a triple berry bundt cake with a lemon icing from the Smitten Kitchen website and it was truly amazing. Once I had it in my mind, I couldn't buy make it again. 

I think last year I used black currants, raspberries and blueberries. This time round I used blackberries, blueberries and raspberries.  

The cake is pretty straight forward to make - I used my KitchenAid. I had a slight moment of panic about getting the cake out, but it was needless. The cake was delicious and I expect to be making it again soon!

Happy baking!

PS The recipe is here:
http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2012/06/triple-berry-summer-buttermilk-bundt/

No comments:

Post a Comment