Sunday 7 July 2013

Peach cobbler muffins

When I heard about the Back in the Day Bakery cookbook online, I was pretty sure I would like it. And it was soon added to my ever expanding cookery book collection. I've made a  few things to date: maple cinnamon, granola, hummingbird cake, brown sugar banana bread and pecan chocolate espresso coffee cake. The results so far had been good - especially the hummingbird cake and the coffee cake.  The only snag from my point of view is the fact that the recipes are in cups, which being Scottish, I find much more intimidating than weights. On the plus side, I do love using my pretty bird cups. 

Anyway, I had some ripe peaches, so I decided to make some peach cobbler muffins for breakfast. I mixed the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately last night to make it speedy. The results were pretty good - the cinnamon is a nice touch. They were pretty easy to make, too! Although I would be tempted to halve the recipe -in my  standard muffin tin, I got 17 muffins rather than 12... I have to add that not all my muffins rose well - perhaps I over mixed them??? 

Happy baking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment