Monday 15 July 2013

Not baking: Peach iced tea

With the weather continuing to be hot over the weekend, I was craving some nice peach iced tea. On Friday I searched for something at lunchtime and slightly to my surprise came up with some Lipton iced lemon tea in the wee tesco opposite  work, but that only made me long for some peach stuff. That was when I decided to make some. 

About four years ago, I went on holiday with a couple of friends (aka The Grand Tour) and we stayed a few nights with one of my friends' friend in Paris. He'd made us some iced peach tea which I duly refused because I don't like tea, but fortunately everyone insisted I tried this. I was an instant convert and swore I'd make my own. He used some peach tea and had fruit and mint in the brew, so I looked online for something similar and then tried to find peach tea in Sainsbury's. I hit the jackpot with peach and cherry blossom tea. 


I adapted the recipe at the end of the post.

I used two bags, a sliced almost ripe peach and 2 cups of boiling water. I let it brew for 5 minutes and then added 1/2 cup of sugar, but I'd reduce that 1/3 cup sugar in future, I think. I'd also be tempted to try Demerara or other brown sugar sine I like the taste. Anyway, I digress. Take the tea bags out and add 2 cups cold water. Let it cool then chill in the fridge and serve with or without out, with or without the peach slices. 



Original recipe here:
http://howto.yellow.co.nz/food-drink/non-alcoholic-drinks-and-beverages/how-to-make-iced-tea/

No comments:

Post a Comment