Saturday 13 July 2013

Not baking: espresso granita

So it's been really hot all over the Uk as summer finally arrives. I'm now dreaming of iced coffee and iced tea, so it seemed like a good time to make the espresso granita I saw a few weeks ago on Smitten Kitchen. 

We have a nespresso machine, so I used that to get my coffee for this. I used decaffinated as I'm trying to avoid caffeine at the moment. I also used demerara sugar (which I think is similar to turbinado sugar) because I prefer it over white sugar is espresso. 


I chilled it overnight and then froze it as per instructions.  Then when I got home from church followed by a food shop this morning and was rather hot and bothered, I decided to try some. I whipped a bit of (double) cream as per instructions and then tucked in. It was awesome! Dangerously awesome, in fact. I can see I'll need to make this again soon... 



Happy freezing! 

PS recipe is here: http://smittenkitchen.com/blog/2013/06/espresso-granita-with-whipped-cream/

No comments:

Post a Comment